Saturday, September 15, 2007

DSP!!!

DSP. Also known as the Degree Stopping Paper (since you just can’t pass the damn thing).

I had such a hard time studying for it. It was a vile mixture of filters and signals and functions with formulae thrown in here and there to make the whole thing more painful. See Vinod’s post here. It was literally painful studying for the subject. I was sitting with the book open well past midnight unable to concentrate for even two minutes on the subject.

So not worth it, man.

Bastards.

What possible use could I have for DSP? I will never use it in my life. My career is not going to suddenly require a knowledge of signal processing. I’m in the computer science stream for a reason. To learn about computers and software engineering processes. Not electronics. If I wanted to learn electronics I would have taken ECE or EEE!

No comments: